If your business needs to maximise the available storage space, Selective Racking offers a cost effective solution.
Selective Pallet Racking is the most common method of storing pallets.
Benefits of Selective Racking
- Easy access to every Pallet
- Suitable for use with most standard fork lifts
- Adjustable shelf levels to cater for a variety of pallet heights
- Free standing and easy to assemble, with clip in beams and self-engaging safety locks
- Either single sided or back to back
- Can be relocated and / or reconfigured if necessary
Drive-In racking is ideal for applications where high-density storage is required. Pallets are stored in a block system with a reduced number of aisles. The first pallet in is the last pallet out (FILO) method.
Drive-In Racking is designed for
- Bulk Storage
- Cold Storage applications
- Seasonal items that move quickly
- If you don't store a wide variety of loads in your rack
- Pallets can slide backwards on a continuous rail
- Self centering rails automatically position pallets quickly and safely
Drive in Racking can store up to 75% more pallets in the same space than Selective Racking.
Double deep Racking is a system which increases the amount of pallets stored without greatly restricting access, as pallets are stored two deep.
Double Deep works on the First In Last Out (FILO) system.
Benefits of Double Deep
- Store more pallets while maintaining a high degree of selectivity
- Most suitable for Cool Rooms, Dry Stores and where there are multiple pallets of the same stock
Considerations in choosing Double Deep
- Access to pallets stored in the middle rows is slightly restricted
- Specialised Forklift with a Double Deep mechanism is required
Narrow Aisle maximises storage capacity by minising aisle widths and maximising roof height, while still allowing access to individual pallets.
It uses the same components as selective racking, but with narrower aisles.
Specialised trucks are required, which are guided into aisles by floor mounted guide rails.
- Non-palletised items that need to be manually retrieved, for example archive boxes
- Maximises the height at which goods can be stacked
- Safe and efficient handling within tight confines of the narrow aisles
- Guide rails ensure precise positioning of trucks
This storage system uses inclined shelves equipped with roller track beds. Goods are moved by gravity from the restocking side to the picking side of the system.
When a carton is removed, the one immediately behind it glides gently into position ensuring steady availability and stock rotation.
Cartons are loaded from the back and retrieved from the front of the racking.
Benefits of Carton Live
- Restocking and picking can be done much faster
- Pickers are kept at a safe distance from forklifts that are restocking rackings
This is the solution for storing long and/or awkward sized items. With no front columns to restrict the length of goods, there is easy access and support along the length of the load.
Cantilever racking is available in single and double sided configurations, with adjustable arms that can be positioned accurately for different sized loads.
Cantilver is available in Heavy and Light duty, providing storage for products without skids or pallet devices.
Cantilver Racking is ideal for such items as
If you would like to find out more about our Pallet Racking Solutions or any of our Warehouse Storage Services, contact us online today for an obligation free consultation.
- Building Materials
- Carpet Rolls
- Plywood sheets